Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Animals

Every couple of months, I become obsessed with a different animal. I will continuously draw this animal, talk about this animal, and watch documentaries on this animal until a new animal strikes my fancy. This started a few years ago with monkeys. For many months, I spent all my time googling pictures of monkeys. I wanted to own a spider monkey so bad I thought I would literally die.
Look at his little face and crazy yellow legs. This thing is adorable.
After a while, I got tired of monkeys. I moved on. If I remember correctly, my next obsession was octopi. I loved octopi more than I had ever loved monkeys. I watched a documentary about them on NatGeo, and, though it was a bit scary, it reinforced how magnificent they are.

After all, octopi are more awesome than your mom.
While my octopi love was still going strong, I bought this ring in gold:

Even though I've moved on, I still love this ring. I would save it in a fire.  Also, I know that this is not steampunk. 


But then, I discovered a little known animal called "Bear."I loved bears more than anything. I drew bears everywhere, I made bear noises, I watched bear videos, and I bought a polar bear sweater:

I even started a blog about bears.

Recently, I've moved away from bears...but I'll keep the blog and the sweater. Now, I'm crushing on narwhals. So majestic. Just look at that face:

For a short time between bears and narwhals, I was in love with wolverines. 

There's really no telling what the next animal will be...

3 comments:

  1. Narwhals and wolverines, really? Maybe you have too much time on your hands. Try checking out music therapists. love you mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you get the pb sweater?

    ReplyDelete